Friday 13 February 2009

















Moonlighting with The Momeraths


It seems that Kingston is a fantastic place for those who like to spend their hours participating in sci - fi role play. Walking down the dimly lit street early on a Friday evening, the bright halo of the local Games Workshop offers a warm invite on what otherwise is a misearble wet introduction to the weekend. The long haired White Dwarf fanatic looks at me sympathetically through the thick glass window, as I meander past his shop, leaving his world of little orc like figures and armies of battling droids from other worlds. Thankfully, I have better things to occupy my mind and it's not long before I get the nod from Paulo, who sings and strums for Kingstons current hottest export "The Momeraths".

"Hope you weren't waiting long" Paulo says as he leads me into his local cornershop. quickly adding "Would you like a wispa?".

The Momeraths
are wowing crowds with their wonderful, sweet, pop perfect songs, Their debut E.P colouring crayons has quite literally received rave reviews and the demand for their limited edition, handmade, knitted (by band member Clare) cd cover has boosted the local economy of all the wool shops.

"the popularity has certainly kept me busy" Clare tells me, handing over a much needed cup of tea, twinned with a couple of digestives, "my knitting skills have now way up there".










The hospitality was such that we nearly forget about "my last train out of Kingston" deadline, however both Paulo and Clare delivered not only three beautiful melodies but co hosted yet again, another memorable living room session.



As we say our goodbyes, I leave the momeraths pondering their upcoming e.p launch tour,"it's going to be fun, we have to all fit in my mums Toyaota Yaris!"
"Crikey", I reply, "How many Momeraths can you fit into a Toyota Yaris?"
" Five hopefully" Paulo chips in "with space in the back for a drum kit, guitars and a couple of amps!"


The Momeraths Colour Crayons E.P is out now, to purchase a copy and to check them out, visit wwww.myspace.com/wherethemomerathsgo

No comments: