Wednesday 25 February 2009

Stacie Willoughby is one AMAZING artist


























Way back in September of last year (which now seems like a lifetime away) I embarked on a wicked road trip along Highway 1 on the West Coast of the U S OF A , from LA to San Francisco. The trip was full of many memorable days, superb weather, absolutely stunning coastline, big, wholesome tasty food a little bit of surfing for me and excellent thrift (2nd hand) stores. However alongside coming face to face with three humpback wales, one of the things that stayed in my memory was the inspirational gig poster that was posted on a noticeboard at a campsite I was spending a night at in Big Sur.























Immediately, I thought to myself "this is amazing, I have to have it, what a momento" However, as I reached to pull the poster down from the board, my independent music loving conscience got the better of me and I reluctantly turned away to toast marshmallows on my campfire waiting for the sun to disappear.

Waking up early the next morning to embark on the next section of my trip, I once again stopped to look at this poster, this time there was no doubt in my mind that I was going to take it, however once again as I reached carefully to take it away, I pictured a poor music promoter, with no guests, having had their poster sabotaged by some greedy English Tourist. With this thought fresh in my mind, I quickly scribbled the myspace address onto my notebook and hopped into my car.



























Now back in England, I now know that this amazing artist is a young lady called Stacie Willoughby and having spent quite a while on her myspace page staring deeply into her incredible creations, I deeply regret not taking that poster. I am an absolute loser, no doubt about it, even more so, as I have a nice new space on my wall which would have been perfectly filled with that Stacie Willoughby Poster!


Check out more of Stacie Willoughby's drawings on her myspace page here.

No comments: