Saturday 27 February 2010

Stacie Willoughby has signed, sealed and delivered!


Cast your mind back 12 months or so and you might possibly remember me talking about this amazing poster I had spotted whilst driving along the West Coast of California. Due to the powers of the internet I later find that this artist is no other than Stacie Willoughby, an artist who resides in the fair coastal town of Santa Cruz. A few emails later – including an interview here on the blog (way back in the spring) and we’re kind of internet friends, though I still was yet to get my hands on some of her work.

This has quickly changed however as earlier today when coming in from the London cold I notice a small envelope addressed to me sitting on my Hallway floor. Carefully opening the intriguing packet, I notice that it’s from California – better still it’s from Stacie Willoughby! Who has taken the time out to delicately fold into a small envelope a copy of her 2010 calendar! I literally can’t quite believe my luck at this precise moment in time. Not only am I happy to have my own Willoughby piece, but the sheer fact this has been sent from the Sunshine state and prompted purely through the amazing world that is the internet.

Those of you that know my drawing skills will realise that I can’t repay this gift, unless she fancies a picture of a Crab in a bow tie, but at the very least I can tell you all what an excellent artist she is and also what we would refer to in England as a “right bobby dazzler”

Please go and check out the Art of Stacie Willoughby and tell of your friends.

No comments: