Thursday 20 August 2009

Skate Park with Sea Views






















































I took these pics a while back when visiting the small skate park in my home town of Penzance with my mate Dan, I've always been interested in Skateboarding despite the fact that I'm pretty lame at it (I even have a false tooth in my mouth as evidence!) This Park in Penzance was somewhat of a milestone as it was the first to be built nearly 10 years ago after a lot of campaigning. I even think I helped raise some of the cash when I played in a band called the Fukkas, which is another story completely. It's nice to see that people are still using it despite an influx of skate bowls being built in the area. It was a really chilled evening and even think that earlier one of the young scally wags hanging out with us was no other than Sam Bosworth who went on to win the Amateur X Games in Los Angeles only recently! Not bad for a wee nipper born and bred on pasties. Up the Kernow revolution!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah the days of The Fukkas - I was in that band too! We all were at some point i'm sure! good times.. do you have any pics of back then?