Thursday 12 March 2009

Awesome Italian Star Wars Poster

Although I wouldn't class myself as a Star Wars fanatic,the films do honestly evoke romantic memories of my childhood, being young and care free, the bad man wasn't the Tax Man or my boss, but the ultimate leader of the Death Star, Darth Vader. You couldn't help but notice Star Wars when I was a wee lad. I can remember buying myself a Y- wing with my birthday money and the intense anticipation when my dad announced he was going to the video shop to hire The return of the Jedi. Stumbling across a Star Wars poster book in a budget book shop during on my Lunch break was therefore quite a nice surprise.

The author is apparently one of the leading experts and biggest collectors of Star Wars memorabilia and man, he does indeed have a pretty amazing collection of posters. Star Wars was perhaps the first film to fully take advantage of merchandise so it is well worth a peruse should you ever see it. Having screened over the pages in the shop, I came across this beauty which is a proper bad boy. The book tells me it's origin is Italy and It also persuaded me to buy this hefty volume. A Volume, I can honestly say hasn't disappointed. Go check it out now..

No comments: