Saturday 7 March 2009

Living Room Session with 'Stages of Dan' and the Trinitron













The latest chapter in the "living room sessions" saga finds me outside ladbroke grove station on a Saturday afternoon. It is here where I am supposed to be meeting Roland, a man I have been in contact with through email who claims to be manager of the band called "Stages of Dan".

"Some of the band are on there way" Roland states as he leads me up a darkened corridor, and up a long flight of stairs taking me literally above the tube station. "They shouldn't be too long".
"Not a problem" I reply, trying to catch my breath embarking on yet another set. "I'm in no rush".

Finally reaching the top, my guide Roland knocks firmly on one of the many doors in the corridor. Promptly swinging open, I'm greeted by a young man dressed in what can only be described as a golden dressing gown, astounded by it's beauty and slightly blinded by the glistening garment, I happily step inside the Flat.













Stages of Dan, have got quite a following and a few of their more dedicated fans had even managed to come along to view the session, incredibly accommodating, I was quickly given a cup of tea by a young lady and was even offered a beer, which I declined politely. Dressed in a fine array of outfits, we become quickly accustomed with one another and begin to set up.

"We should be fine today, sound wise" Chris the drummer tells me, "I think our neighbour has either done a runner or died, giving us the opportunity to play as loud as we want"!

Sadly it transpires that our mics are unable to work well enough to record with, and due to having previously arranged a photo shoot for later in the afternoon, we all decide to "wing it" and record straight through the inbuilt mic on my trusty mac. The result is a fine distorted mix of mammoth melodies and crashing drums, which although may be raw, it is proper rock and Roll, which should be enjoyed by all.

To check out Stages of Dan, please visit their myspace page here and to listen to this fine session please visit our page by clicking below or visiting our sessions page here.


Photobucket

No comments: